Quick update regarding our eggies!! The embryologist called this morning:
- Yesterday they retrieved 14 eggs.
- Out of those 14 eggs, 13 eggs were mature and went through ICSI.
- 2 eggs did not fertilize.
- 3 eggs were damaged during the ICSI procedure due to being over mature.
- 8 eggs successfully fertilized
- 3 fertilized eggs were developing abnormally with double nuclei and not dividing properly
- We have 5 good strong fertilized embryos!!
While we know there is a chance that some will stop growing and won’t make it to blastocysts, typically about 50% do. Hopefully that will leave use with at least 3 good blastocysts that will become our snowbabies!!!
The embryologist said he will check them over the weekend and give us a call with an update. He will then call is on Monday and Tuesday and let us know how they all look and how many made it to freeze. We are not out of the woods yet but we are feeling so very blessed to have 5 strong embryos growing in the lab. Please continue to pray for their continued growth!